History Of the School

Brindisi Matriculation Hr. Sec. School is managed by the Tamilnadu Capuchins. It is established in the year of 1998 for the purpose of education in this locality of the poor people. It is a coeducation school which follows the Matriculation syllabus and Samaseer Kalvi. The primary aim of the school is to develop the potentiality of the students and help them to grow with integral formation of – spiritual, Moral, Intellectual physical, cultural and social aspects.



Mission and Vision

The motto of the school is "WISDOM, LOVE & PEACE".

Wisdom: It is the Lord who gives wisdom: from him comes knowledge and understanding (Prov.2:6)
Love: love never gives up : and its faith, hope and patience never fail ( 1Cor 13 : 7)
Peace: We must always aim at those things that bring peace and that help to strengthen one another.

The motto of our school is
"To use wisdom given by God to Love one another and spread peace all –around".



Our Patron

ST. LAWRENCE OF BRINDISI
Our School Patron Lawrence of Brindisi was born at Brindisi in 1559 in Italy. He was educated at Saint Mark’s College in Venice and joined the Capuchins in Verona as Brother Lawrence. He received further instruction from the University of Padua and accomplished to be a linguist. Lawrence spoke most European and the Semitic Languages fluently.

He was appointed Definitor-General from Rome for the Capuchins in 1596. Lawrence established Capuchins monasteries in the beginning of 1599, at Germany and Austria, furthering the Counter-Reformation.

He served as the Imperial Chaplain for the army of Rudolph – II. In 1602 he was elected Vicar General of the Capuchin Order. He entered the service of the Holy See, becoming nuncio to Bavaria. After serving as nuncio to Spain, he retired to the monastery in 1618. He was recalled as special envoy to the king of Spain regarding the actions of the viceroy of Naples in 1619, and after finishing his mission, died on his birthday in Lisbon. He was beatified in 1783 by pope Pius VI and Canonized in 1881 by Pope Leo XIII, and declared as the Doctor of the Church by Pope John XXIII in 1959.

Greeting from The Management



THE CORRESPONDENT
Rev. Fr. Antony Francis
 

THE PRINCIPAL
Rev .Sr. Lucy. P.O.
B.A, M.Sc, B.Ed.

Welcome to the Brindisi Matriculation Hr. Sec. School, Coimbatore. Supported by the capuchins of Tamil Nadu, the Queen of Peace Province.The Institute was founded in 1998 with a Mission "Enrichment of WISDOM, LOVE & PEACE" "To preserve, promote, develop and implement".

The Institute offers curricular and extra – curricular activities. The Institute is located within the heart of the Industrial City Coimbatore.

The Institute is presently staffed by forty teachers and ten working staff. The Institute works collaborately with IMS and DMS.

The staff always welcome suggestions and feedback from their colleagues. I hope you enjoy the resources available on this website.




Infrastructure


  • Fully equipped laboratories are provided for physics, chemistry and Biology subjects.
  • A well – equipped computer Lab with A/C is provided for computer Education.
  • Library provides a wide range of books and other media resources at all levels of interest.
  • Band, Karate, Dance, Yoga, Meditation are taught at school.,
  • Special coaching is arranged for Basket Ball, Badminton and athletics.

As we are in the IT era, communicative skill is the need of hour. Bearing thisin mind, to cater and enhance quest for language, a well equipped language, laboratory is installed with audio, vedio aids and with Home theatre very latest techniques of LCD, to bring about a see change in the curriculum.




WELL MAINTAINED CLASS ROOMS

LIBRARY

COMPUTER LAB

PHYSICS CHEMISTRY LAB

BIOLOGY LAB

SPORTS

BUS FACILITY